Our download & streaming service is very easy to use and you can choose to access books either from a computer, or by using the dedicated app on a mobile device or tablet.
1. Follow this link to Download & stream now
2. To find an audiobook to borrow, use the categories listed, such as 'start a new series', 'children’s', or type an author’s name or book title into the search bar at the top. In future you can go straight to this address http://listening-books.lib.overdrive.com/
3. Once you have selected a title, click or tap the ‘Borrow’ button. This will then prompt you to sign in with your username and chosen password (don't forget you will need to change your password when you first use your login. If you need help, please contact our friendly library team) . You should then be taken directly to your bookshelf displaying the title you have borrowed
4. To download the title, you will first need to download the OverDrive Media Console. You can do so here. Select the correct one for the computer you are using
5. You can now stream the book through your computer or download it to listen later, or perhaps transfer it to a mobile device. If you would like to stream the book directly through your computer, click on the ‘Listen’ button to enjoy the audiobook
All you need to do is:
1. Find the OverDrive app in the app or Play store on your phone or tablet and create an account. Click on the image to the left for further information and to select the app for your device.
2. Next you will need to ‘Add a Library’. Type in LISTENING BOOKS to find our library.
3. You will then be able to search for books and download or listen live by logging into your Listening Books account with your username and password.
If you are struggling to use the service, our library team would be happy to help you. You can contact them on 0207 407 9417 or send them an email to email@example.com
Listening Books members can download thousands of fantastic titles to an iPod or other portable player!
Members can choose from a huge selection of MP3 CDs which we send through the post.
Members can listen to thousands of audiobooks instantly on a huge range of devices and computers, including Macs.