The Listening Books audiobook listening challenge is back for its second year!
2021 sees the Listening Challenge looking slightly different from last year. This time there are no monthly themes, just 10 challenges to complete throughout the year. For those of you who listen to lots of audiobooks or want to really push yourself, there are also 5 turbo level challenges as well!
You can complete the challenges in any order you like and of course you can choose audiobooks that will check off two challenges on the list. For example, if you listened to an audiobook narrated by the author that also featured a disabled protagonist, this would be okay for two tasks.
We'll be featuring some collections of audiobooks that fit each challenge on our website throughout the year, so make sure to keep checking back if you want some inspiration!
If you want to chat about your challenge choices just head over to our Listening Challenge Facebook Group! If you love a checklist, then download a PDF copy of the challenges. Otherwise, here are all 15 tasks below:
1. Listen to an audiobook featuring an LGBTQ+ romance
2. Listen to a nonfiction book that isn't a memoir
3. Listen to an audiobook of a children's classic
4. Listen to a historical fiction audiobook that is set before 1900
5. Listen to a fiction audiobook set during extreme weather (heatwave, cold etc.)
6. Listen to an audiobook narrated by a person of colour
7. Listen to a dramatisation or full cast audiobook
8. Listen to an audiobook featuring a protagonist with a disability
9. Listen to an audiobook narrated by the author
10. Free space - choose your own audio challenge!
1. Listen to an audiobook that is over 24 hours long
2. Listen to an audiobook from your least favourite genre
3. Listen to two audiobooks from the same narrator in different genres
4. Listen to an audiobook set in a non-English speaking country
5. Listen to an audiobook with a protagonist who isn't human.