Listening Books provides an audiobook lending service to anyone that finds that an illness, disability, learning difficulty or mental health condition impacts on reading. We are offering the Bronze and Silver Level Skills Award, which you can achieve by reviewing an audiobook of your choice, and filming or recording an audio version of your review. By completing this skill, you’ll demonstrate your analytical and creative skills, as well as enjoy a great book!
1. Choose a book you’d like to review
2. Listen to the book through our website, or using the Libby app
3. Either film yourself reviewing the book, or record an audio review
4. Submit your recording
5. With your permission, we’ll share your book review on our website and social media channels
6. We will act as your assessor and will complete your assessment report and confirm whether you have passed
You can join Listening Books at any time. We will provide a guideline for delivery of your review when you join, but this will usually be 3 months after your joining date.
To complete your skill, you need a membership to Listening Books, which costs £20 per year, or you can apply for free membership if you couldn't afford this. All course materials and everything you need to pass your Bronze Skill is included in a Listening Books membership.
You can join Listening Books (and complete your DofE skill with us) if you live in the UK and have an illness, disability, learning difficulty or mental health condition that impacts on your ability to read the written word or hold a book.
Just some of the titles you could use for your review